Shiatsu is the Japanese healing art using the hands
Shiatsu applies manual and digital pressure to the skin with the aim of preventing and curing illness by stimulating the body’s natural powers of recuperation, eliminating fatigue-producing elements, and promoting general good health. The following are its major characteristics:
- Diagnosis and therapy combined. Each application of shiatsu pressure is diagnosis, enabling the therapist to treat according to the body’s conditions.
- Using only hand and fingers, shiatsu calls on the assistance of no mechanical devices or medicines.
- No side effects.
- No age limits.
- Shiatsu is a health barometer. Regular shiatsu helps detect bodily irregularities and prevent the accumulation of fatigue and the occurrence of illness.
- Deepens trust and reliance between the patient and the therapist.The determination of the therapist to cure and the recipients’s trust in the therapy combine and interact to increase the effectiveness of treatment.
- Shiatsu is effective because it treats the whole body. Localized treatment may have temporary effects but cannot bring about basic cures. The only way to do this is first to treat the entire body and then to deal with localities showing pathological symptoms. This, the shiatsu way, it always proves effective.
- Vitalizing the skin
- Limbering the muscles
- Stimulating the circulation of body fluids
- Regulating neural functions
- Controlling the endocrine system
- Skeletal system
- Alimentary system
5 basic rules for good health and long life:
- Proper diet
- Proper sleep
- Proper elimination
- Proper exercise
- Laughter !